As Florida Re-opens, we are excited to be restarting our volunteer program on a limited basis. Our volunteers are so critical to the success of our organization and our clients. We have missed YOU!
There are many opportunities to help at Opportunity Place.
- Shelter Support (Daytime and Evening Shifts Available, 9-9 M-F, 4-9 S/S): Every day is different at the shelter. Whether you are providing resources to families calling into the shelter for help, aiding residents with their resume or housing applications, receiving and organizing donations from the local community, and getting rooms ready for new clients — you’ll be directly helping our clients by providing a supportive environment and assisting them to get back into their own home.
- Pantry Organization (9-5 M-F): Our community is incredibly generous but our space for holding donations is small! We need help organizing this space so that we can fit all of the wonderful items that will eventually go to filling our client’s new homes.
- Child Enrichment (5:30-7:00 on T/TH): Help our kiddos with their homework or work with our Family Service Coordinator to put on enrichment activities for the kiddos. If you like music, art, yoga, chalk, or just being silly with little ones, this is the position for you!
- Handy Men/Women (Whenever works for you): We got a really generous donation to update our bathroom fixtures and are just waiting for them to be installed. Normally we’d have one of our groups come tackle this project but with COVID we are just relying on individual volunteers. If you have an afternoon free, come help us transform our bathrooms!
On Call Options
Sometimes our needs are time sensitive. If you’d like to be added on our on call list for any of following positions– we could really use the help in a pinch!
- Delivery Drivers: We often have donors who have furniture for the shelter or for families that are moving into their own home. But they typically don’t have a way to get the furniture to us or the clients. If you own a truck and don’t mind some heavy lifting, we’d love your help getting these items to those in need!
Sign Me Up!
Interested? Please contact our Shelter Coordinator at 850-359-6190 ext 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love for you to be part of the OPI family!